Welding and punching the structure
All the works in welding the gantries (edging, webs, union plaques), as well as punching the elements that have to be joined in the assembly, are carried out in the factory by means of semiautomatic machinery.
The assembly operations, therefore, are reduced to bolting the different components.
This gives some idea of the precision with which the production process must be carried out so that the holes coincide and they don’t have to be improvised on site.
Painting of the structure
The structure is supplied with an anti-rust primer (see specifications).
There are many qualities in the market for bolts. We basically use:
Corresponding to type 8.8 of the DIN standards (a8t) and with the following mechanical characteristics: Between 80 and 100 Kg/mm2 as resistance to traction, 64 Kg / mm2 as creep limit and 12% of elongation to fracture.
Corresponding to the DIN standard 5 D (A5t), with a resistance to traction between 50 and 70 kg/mm2, a creep limit of 28 kg/mm2 and elongation to fracture of 22%.
Major advantages of the Tekton structure
- Materials: Fe-430.
- Bolted joints, not welded.
- Suported gantries (not embedded).
- Construction system.
- Design: Gradient 5%, 1/10 or any other requested.
- Overlapping purlins.
- High-resistance bolts.
- Gantry system.
- Better mechanical properties: resistance to traction, high creep limit.
- Speed of delivery.
- Recoverability of materials.
- Saving in foundations.
- Possibility of longitudinal and lateral extensions.
- Appearance, greater use of roof’s real height.
- They act as continuous, increasing their mechanical properties.
- Better mechanical properties.
- Maintenance (paint) with a considerably lower cost than other systems.